I have been a ceramics practitioner for over 40 years, teaching art and ceramics in the West Midlands schools, but now living in Radnorshire, Mid Wales, where I have my workshop/studio and continue to develop my ceramics and printmaking. My ceramic practice is a combination of Raku, Earthenware and Stoneware. My dry point intaglio and lino prints support and reflect my ceramic works.
My work moves between figurative, functional and abstract, reflecting and informed by the structures, shapes and experiences in the rolling hills and valleys of Mid Wales. The rich diversity of landscape and lakes, shaped by weather, animal and human endeavour has led my practice in new directions and encounter new challenges.
Alongside this environment, I am influenced by experiences of the every day, which often brings together a sense of human frailty, our mortality and eternity. I attempt to combine, and hold in tension, the spiritual and profoundly physical worlds in which we live and have our being.
- 1972 The Bakery Exhibition, Cheltenham
- 1979 Spock Wood Carvings & Ceramics, Birmingham
- 1984 Crafts and Pieces, Kenilworth
- 1992 Saltley Church Contemporary Art Exhibition, Birmingham
- 2006 Life in the Face of Death – ICC, Birmingham
- 2008 RBSA Open Exhibition, Birmingham
- 2013 Journeys Through Life – Old School Gallery, Bleddfa
- 2014 October – Apple Store Gallery, Hereford
- 2014 September – H Art, St Michael’s Church, Discoed, near Presteigne
- 2015 May – Artisans Emporium, Minerva Arts Centre, Llanidloes
- 2013/2014 The Bevere Gallery, Worcester
- 2013/2014 The Tower House Gallery, Knighton
- 2015 Knighton Fine Art Gallery, Knighton
- 2015 The Dotty Dog Gallery, Shrewsbury
- 2015 The Market Hall Gallery, Shrewsbury
Ceramic Work for Sale:
All work is made to order and may vary from work displayed on the website due to firing processes. Special commissions are undertaken, especially for lidded boxes, which may involve taking or supplying photographs of specific locations such as buildings. All prices quoted exclude Postage and Packing.
- Vases: Prices range from £40 to £80
- Lidded Boxes: Prices range from £80 to £130
- Figures: Prices range from £150 to £500
- Plates and Bowls: Prices range from £40 to £100
- Sculptures: Prices range from £60 to £300
Prices on application.
I am available to work as an Artist in Residence in both Primary and Secondary Schools. I also run one to one and small group classes for beginners, or those more experienced in ceramics, specializing in Raku workshops.
Murals: I have been commissioned to paint large Barn Murals for children’s play areas, examples of which can be seen here
I also produce a variety of limited edition Drypoint Intaglio and Linocut prints which often inform, and are influenced by, my ceramic work, examples of which can be seen here
For further details about ordering work, commissions or any of the teaching, ceramic/Raku workshops or mural painting, please contact me via email or telephone.
Mobile: 07803 017250
Studio: 01547 550412